Please agree to the terms below then proceed to payment
Comments (Anything we should know about your group?)
I have read the terms, conditions and policies:
Terms and Conditions
- Alcohol: Because the OPUS is a licensed tavern in the state of Colorado, any personal alcohol is not permitted at the hut.
- Full Payment is due at time of reservation.
- Groups that are not familiar and comfortable with travel in mountainous terrain prone to avalanche conditions are advised to make use of one of the local guide services for assistance in getting to the hut.
- Guests must reserve the entire hut if children under the age of 5 are part of the group.
General Cancellation Policies
- We do not issue refunds for cancellations, only credits
- Any discretionary cancellations must be made more than 30 days in advance to arrival date for an 80% credit toward a future hut stay
Winter Cancelation Policy
We will issue you a 100% credit for a future stay in the next 12 months under the following conditions
- During the winter, we will let you cancel or change your reservation under certain conditions as forecast by the Colorado Avalanche Information Center.
- Due to the shifting nature of the forecast zone borders, you can pick any zone within 10 miles of Opus that is most relevant to your planned approach.
- This policy is designed to give you flexability when making plans to come to Opus. However, you must always make your own safety decisions in the backcountry.
- Please understand that you are accepting some amount of weather related risk when choosing to come up to Opus. We are located in an occationally hard to access location, and outside of what is detailed below, we are not able to make exceptions to issue refunds or credits.
We will let you move you reservation to another day within 28 days of your original reservation as long as we have space available under the following condition
- If either the rating for tomorrow or the projected rating for the next day is high or extreme.
- If the rating for yesterday was high or extreme
- If an avalanche watch or avalanche warning is in effect.
- If either Red Mountain Pass or Ophir Pass Road (the two approaches) are closed as of 11am on the day of your arrival.
- If you are staying at the hut and the forecast for tomorrow or the next day is projected to be high or extreme, and you want to leave early, we will credit you for the remainder of your stay.
Lastly, we will let you move you reservation for *any* reason to another day within 14 days of your original reservation as long as we have space available Some reasons for this might include
- The rating is considerable on your arrival date, and you'd feel more comfortable coming up on a different day
Vary rarely we may choose to close the hut entirely if we don't think it is safe for our staff to travel to or from the hut. Under this scenario, we will send you a 100% refund to the credit card your originally booked with.
- Heavy snow on the day of your arrival that you think could impact navigation on the way in
- You have some travel trouble and arrive later than you expect
- You want to fit your approach around a coming storm
- You get sick and can't make it
- You book early or late in the season and there are low snow conditions on your original date of arrival
- e.g. Your reservation is for 3/20, but your flight is canceled. You can come up on 4/1 instead, provided we have space
- e.g. Your reservation is for 3/20, but there's a storm coming and you'd rather come up early, you can move to 3/17 instead, provided we have space.