Rates & Reservations
Lodging / Meals
Availability Calender Below
- Full Payment is due at time of reservation, confirmation will be sent when payment is received.
- Any changes in reservation or cancellations must be made more than 30 days in advance to arrival date.
- A 80% credit towards future hut stays will be given.
- Groups deciding not to come when avalanche danger rating is High or Extreme as forecast by the Colorado Avalanche Information Center will be given full credit towards another date.
- Groups that are not familiar and comfortable with travel in mountainous terrain prone to avalanche conditions are advised to make use of one of the local guide services for assistance in getting to the hut.
Please check the availability calendar below, and contact us by email to reserve your stay. Payment is due at the time of reservation.
Payment by check can be mailed to :
PO Box 833
Ophir, CO 81426
Make checks payable to Opus Hut. Last minute reservations or meals can be purchased by credit card.
A la carte food items available at the hut with cash payment.
Lodging Rates – $35/bed/night
- There are a total of 16 spaces in the hut, including private rooms, couples and groups often rent whole rooms for more space or privacy.
- Individual spot – $35/person/night ; 16 spaces available
- Private room – sleeps 3; $105/room ; 2 rooms available
- Private Room – sleeps 5; $175/room ; 2 rooms available
- Bag Liner; rent $5/for duration of stay
Meal Rates – $35/person/night – Meal packages include, apres ski soup, dinner, and breakfast the following morning
Meals are prepared with quality natural and locally grown products. We can accommodate any diet. Vegan, low gluten, whatever your preference.
Be sure to notify us in advance of special dietary needs and allergies, if you are purchasing meals.
Winter Guiding Rates
Price per person
Full day Half day Group size
$325 / $225 (single person)
$225 / $150 (two or three people)
$150 / $100 (four people)
You will need to hire 2 guides for 4+ people.
Included – Avalanche gear, guide fees, transportation & fun. Does not include ski rentals.
Empty Calender Dates have no reservations.
Dates with red blocks indicate the hut is full.
Dates with yellow blocks indicate spaces are still available.